Beautiful day so went out for breakfast pancakes at Jellyfish just down the road - yes, I could have made them myself like last weekend but fancied eating out on a sunny morning. Service was crap, but pancakes were good. Then decided to take Little Car out to top up on wine (for me, not for Little Car - he still prefers petrol, leaded if he can get it). Unfortunately I had forgotten that the rear-view mirror was broken and it is quite tricky to drive without one, especially as I have no wing mirrors either. You really do miss them them when you don't have them. I must take Little car to Colin to get mirror and boot-holder fixed. He also suggested to do the shock absorbers last time I was there and some tuning. I will make sure Little Car arrive back in England in much better shape that he arrived in Oz.I wonder if I should give him an unleaded cylinder head as well so that I don't have to keep giving him extra lead when filling up?
Spent some quality time looking at more property.
Today's favourite! I love looking at houses and have really found quite a few that are great. Unfortunately they may not be around when I actually move, so I just bookmark them and go back nearer to time. I hope to come over to Europe in June (Alastair and I had talked about meeting up with one of his friends in Iceland and hopefully can get a couple of days to go to the UK and look at houses as well.
Had this great idea of copying all the data I have on floppy disks onto my HDD to reduce the amount of stuff I have to take back. But the USB floppy disk reader is not woirking well and I may have to revert to very old PC bought in 1996 and really only used for playing SimCity on. On the other hand I guess I have not really looked at anything on any of these floppys for many years now.
I found a CV from 1999 (with a picture of a very young looking me) and a project plan for a project I did for Ericsson in 1998. Not sure either is much to keep lagging around the world forever, especially as modern computers don't come with a floppy drive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment