I've decided to move back to the UK. I have a definite job offer from Ericsson in Reading, but like to stay with NSN so really hope to get a reasonable one from NSN UK as well. It is looking probable :). My boss here wants me to stay and finish my current project, which is reasonable but it is taking slightly longer than originally planned, so current planned move date is August. Hmm, when I moved out here I went from winter in the UK to winter in Oz and now I will go from winter in Oz to winter in the UK. Not good planning, but hey - winters here are not so bad!
There is a limit to how far away long distance relationships works, and Sydney - Stockholm really does not work long term. UK - Sweden is much more convenient. I really don't think I could live in Sweden long-term so UK is a good compromise to start with.
I am going to make the most of my last few months here. Do and see as much as I can and write about it here!
I have already started! I have stopped taking the bus to work (apart from Tuesdays when I need to go and see the customer in North Ryde. Instead I walk along the beach into Manly where I take the luxury Manly Fast Ferry (18 min) into the city. I am not bothering to save $1.70 taking the slow (30 min) smelly Manly ferry. The staff on the fast ferry are friendly, say good morning / good evening, remembers what you drink on the way home - usually beer, but the occasional wine (no drinks on the Manly ferry and very unfriendly staff). They even have flat screen TVs showing the news in the morning and whatever is on in the evening, depending on timing.
I've spent this morning looking for (and bookmarking) houses. I hope I can choose location, so both looking around Huntingdon and Farnborough areas. As usual I am very excited! I love property hunting! To see what I am looking at go to my saved properties on Rightmove. You may need to log in (user is sissib@yahoo.com and password is midget). If you save details you should only have to do it once. There are comment fields under each property and comments are welcome! Property suggestions are also welcome!
Off to Asa's combined leaving-oz & 40th birthday party this afternoon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment