Sunday, April 25, 2010

ANZAC Day

Had way too much wine to drink yesterday at Asa's party so feel a bit tender today. Luckily Alastair was transiting in Copenhagen while I was waiting for the ferry home, so we could talk on my conference line. Very clever thing, he dials a local number in Denmark (or wherever he is) and I dial a local number in Sydney and then we talk to each other!

Manly is grey today, which make me feel much better about leaving. The weather is one of the things I have really appreciated during my time in Sydney. Almost always clear blue sky and unlimited sunshine. I have started packing books and record them all in an excel spreadsheet. It is good to do a proper inventory, but packing takes so much longer though.

Today is ANZAC Day which is an Australian war memorial. I had completely forgotten about it even though I do know we get Monday off because of it. Almost everything is closed until 1pm, so after walking to the supermarket in Manly I had to return empty-handed and now I have to walk back again.

I did buy a DVD though. The DVD store was open, probably because they figured out that if you are not celebrating ANZAC day there is nothing else for people to do. The movie I got is called "Accidental Husband" and seem to be an ok movie for a quiet Sunday afternoon.

I have also started to research Blue Mountains for when Alastair will visit in a couple of weeks time. We plan to go up there for a weekend. I have been twice before, but only day-trips, so need to find out what there is to see and do, staying a bit longer. Suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia lawsuit